Now Hiring: Purchaser
August 24, 2021
Split Rock is now looking to add to our team! See below for details on the Purchaser position.
This position is a key resource within the company for facilitating the effective ordering of products and services and for ensuring that supply commitments and business needs are met. The Purchasing/Receiving Agent supports the Wood Shop and Art Fabrication shop as well as other various department within our organization. This position will be the main/sole purchaser for Split Rock Studios. This role will help to clarify needs, evaluate and assist with determining suppliers, generate and place orders, and manage ongoing supplier and vendor interactions within the global operations.
Buy goods and services necessary for our organization to maintain its operation; by means and opportunity to raise our profits by making the most high-quality and cost-effective purchases. With a keen eye for detail and a cabinetry mindset the purchaser should know how to evaluate market conditions and different suppliers. Good communication skills enables the purchaser to effectively negotiate and maintain profitable relationship. The goal is to acquire supplies that are critical for the success of our business operations and keep our shops moving forward by monitoring and expediting orders as well as receiving and maintaining inventory.
- Develop profitable purchasing strategies
- Assess supplier profiles and analyze offers
- Prepare and implement effective negotiation tactics
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance to terms of contracts
- Review supplies to ensure quality
- Monitor stock material levels in both shops
- Prepare and submit detailed reports (revenues, buying expenditures etc.)
- Keep updated records of vendors and suppliers
- Procure all types of materials required for company operations
- Place bids and ensure competitive pricing on all materials
- Support Estimating as a backup resource and/or Estimator
- Make arrangements for deliveries to SRS when applicable
Other related duties as required
- Ensure safety equipment, fire extinguishers and emergency signage are within local compliances
- Assist the Shop Foreman to keep parts and hardware inventories full and up to date
- Work closely with Operations, the Production Manager and Shop Foreman with workflow and priorities of materials
- Be cognizant of current job schedules and know when projects ship
- Track orders so team members know when to expect materials
- Provide follow up on receiving questions from coworkers
Other general requirements
- Ability to read and understand cabinet, millwork, interactive and AutoCAD drawings is a must
- Proven experience as a purchasing agent
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions
- Knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization’s goals and objectives
- Ability to work effectively with others
- High ethical standards
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiating skills and the ability to work with suppliers
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and evaluation
- Ability to assist change and sell new concepts and approaches
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of procurement’s impact on financial results
- A strong analytical mindset
- Attention to detail
- Strong time management and willing to help others
- Hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Primary backup phone support
- Collect and validate all employee timesheets on a weekly basis
- Update cost cards with hours and expenses
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Post-secondary or college degree will be a bonus.
- 5 years of previous business, purchasing, estimating or related experience is preferred.
- Experience working with databases / data warehouse applications, ERP systems and / or Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with procurement tools, processes and systems is preferred.
- Experience in exhibits, cabinetry, construction or manufacturing is preferred.
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: People of Color, women, LGBTQIAA+, and allies are encouraged to apply.