Now Hiring: Project Manager
November 23, 2021
As a Split Rock Studios (SRS) Project Manager, you will utilize your expert communication skills, understanding of work plans, and problem-solving abilities to manage custom exhibit design/build projects from initiation to closeout, bringing them in on time and budget.
The ideal candidate is…
Adaptable. You are driven to provide exceptional customer service and high-quality finished products in the ever-changing world of custom design/build.
Diplomatic. You use emotional intelligence to communicate with respect and clarity to team members and clients alike.
Detail-oriented. You understand how small details impact the big picture and keep an eye on the right moving pieces to ensure each project stays on track.
Curious. You are eager to learn more about exhibit best practices and client content related to natural and cultural history.
- Client relationships
- Serve as the main point of contact for assigned clients through entire project lifecycle; project managers are working with 6-12 clients at any given time
- Build relationships with clients and other key project stakeholders through clear, consistent communication in person, virtually, on the phone, and in written communication
- Educate clients on exhibit design-build process, as well as any required third-party partners and related processes, to ensure they feel comfortable and “in the loop” every step of the way
- Manage client expectations in regard to project schedule, budget, design deliverables, and the world of custom fabricated exhibit components
- Facilitate client meetings, review, and approval of all design deliverables, pre-production documents, and fabrication samples
- Keep client up to date on fabrication progress
- Walk through completed exhibit space with clients to identify any punch-list items; ensure all punch-list items are resolved in a timely manner
- Remain in contact with clients to resolve any issues that arise after project closeout
- Work plans
- Create, execute, adapt, and close project work plans
- Develop and maintain project schedules taking into consideration team member availability and competing project demands
- Prioritize tasks and develop schedules that reflect those priorities
- Follow SRS standard processes, including internal project management checklists
- Team management
- Hold regular team meetings to ensure project stays on schedule, problems are resolved in a timely fashion, and team members are informed of any project updates
- Use knowledge of project context to drive team decisions and help team members structure and prioritize work
- Communicate project schedules and track team member progress toward deadlines
- Collaborate with other PMs to apply management best practices and process improvement on an ongoing basis
- Identify capacity issues and strategize solutions with SRS management
- Project admin
- Administer and maintain project contracts
- Work with accounting department to invoice clients for design deliverables and fabricated components
- Create, track, and ensure change-orders are presented and processed in a timely fashion
- Establish meeting agendas and create meeting notes with action items and due dates as follow-up
- Manage specialty vendor agreements and hold vendors accountable for scope of work delivered on time and in budget
- SRS representative
- Develop understanding of and comfort with SRS design/build process
- Communicate SRS design/build process to clients on an ongoing basis
- Represent SRS to clients, prospective clients, subcontractors, and partners with passion and professionalism
- Expertise with the Office and Google suites
- Familiarity with fabrication methods and construction drawings preferred
- PMP preferred
- Project Managers travel to project sites as needed for kickoff meetings and design presentations (typically 1-2 days) and exhibit installations (typically 3-5 days), averaging 1 trip every 1-2 months. This can include travel by car or plane throughout the United States; international travel may occasionally be required.
- Travel is confirmed and communicated as far in advance as possible. Project Manager schedules are taken into consideration when planning projects and travel dates.
To apply, please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Project Manager Position” in the subject line.
Split Rock Studios is an equal opportunity employer seeking diversity in our personnel. People of color, women, LGBTQIAA+, and allies are encouraged to apply.